Happy Tuesday! I hope you all had a lovely long weekend! Mine was fairly routine, busy but it felt productive. I got a few workouts in, took the kids to the park so they could play all their sports and burn off some energy, Luke got a kite for his birthday so I promised him we would go fly the thing. I also worked on the blog and on Saturday night I motivated myself to go through and purged/organize my kitchen cupboards. My social life is onnnnn fire 🙈lol
I have to say the highlight of my weekend was flying the dragon kite with the boys. Luke so badly wanted to take it out so I told that we would go Saturday afternoon, but the weather wasn’t overly cooperative for kite flying. The air was cool, it was overcast with a few rain drops👸🏻and there was no wind at all, so sadly I said that we would have to wait.
The weather turned out to be beautiful on Sunday, but again there was almost no wind…….like zero🙄 So, before we ventured out that day I filled the wagon with all
kinds of “plan B” activities incase the kite wouldn’t make it off the ground. But as it would turn out, you don’t actually need wind to fly a kite. You only need two very motivated and speedy boys who are willing to run and run and run…….and run. It was awesome, and quite possibly one of the best energy burners ever, so mom’s & dad’s, go buy your kids a kite and fly them on non windy days🤗 Though, I know that once we fly on a windy day, they will never be fooled into any other kind of weather conditions again. 😆
Ok onto workouts… sometimes timelines are tight and squeezing in a workout can be tricky, so all you really want is to get it done quick so you can get on with your day. I wanted to put together a workout that would be quick, very simple, engages several muscle groups and gets your heart rate elevated. This workout is perfect for at home or in a gym so anyone can do this!
Here it is (slightly condensed so read the program below!)
*Perform 3-4 sets **Rest 1 minute after you complete paired exercises
Inchworm Variation 1 (perform from full plank position or from your knees)-
- 5 x Diamond Pushups
- Inchworm out to plank position, position your index fingers & thumbs to form a diamond, do 5 pushups. Return back to standing position.
- 5 x Tricep Pushups
- Inchworm out to plank, position hand directly below your shoulders **keep your elbows tucked into your sides, do 5 pushups. Return back to standing position.
- 5 x Wide Pushups
- Inchworm out to plank, position hands wider than shoulder width, do 5 pushups. Return back to standing position.
20 x Jump Squats
- keep you shoulders back, abs tight and hips level.
**Rest 1 minute. Repeat for 3-4 sets.
Inchworm Variation 2
- 5 x DB Row Press (each arm)
- Inchworm out to plank, hands grip dumbbells. Alternate DB Row-Press 5 each arm and then inchworm back to standing position.
- 5 x DB Plank Row (each arm)
- Inchworm out to plank, grip the DBs and alternate Rows, pulling the DB up to your side, keeping your elbows tucked into your side. Inchworm back to standing position.
- 5 x Plank Twist (each arm)
- Inchworm out to plank, position your hands directly below your shoulders. Alternate, opening up your chest and reaching your arm out pointing your finger tips to the ceiling. Inchworm to standing position.
20 x Walking Lunges
- Take a giant step forward, keep your shoulders back, abs tight, hips level, and your weight in your front leg heel
- come up out of your lunge pushing through your front leg heel and step into your next giant step.
- 20 paces total.
**Rest 1 minute. Repeat 3-4 sets.
Have a great workout & let me know what you think! 🙂