Goooooood morning! I’m not sure what the weather is like where you are (unless you live here in Vancouver) but Holy $h!t did it rain yesterday, and right now as I look outside, it still looks so nasty out there. I know I keep saying that summer is right around the corner, but I’m beginning to feel annoyed with the 7 day forecast that only ever shows rain ☔️ Please tell me I’m not the only one who complains like this?!🙊
Anyways, I hope you had time to take a quick look at my post from yesterday, I thought it might be helpful to talk a little bit about getting your beach bod ready for summer👙🤗 You still have some time but you need to get started now if you haven’t already! Hopefully you found some of my tips helpful, let me know what you think, or better yet, let me know if you have any questions 🙂I put together a full body workout that’s a little mix of barbells, dumbbells, body weight movements, and small bursts of cardio that are weaved throughout (lots of jump squats☺️). This workout will keep you moving and also keep your heart rate elevated, so get ready to sweat 🙂
Full Body Blast:
- Warm-up: 10 minutes moderate paced cardio of your choice.
- 12 x BB Squat Press: your feet will be about shoulder width apart, holding the BB with your hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart and the bar resting on the front of your shoulders.
- squat down with the BB still resting on the front of your shoulders. When your thighs are parallel to the floor, begin to power up out of your squat (*pushing through your heels!)
- as you begin to stand up, begin to push the BB up overhead so that simultaneously, as you stand up, your arms fully extend with the BB overhead. *keep you abs engaged
- lower the BB back down to your shoulders and then lower down into your squat again. Repeat for 12 repetitions.
- 15 x Jump Squats: jump high and squat deep each repetition
*Perform these 2 exercises as a superset (one right after another), then rest for 1-2 minutes. Repeat for 3-4 sets.
- 10-12 x Shoulder Push-ups: your feet up on a bench, place your hands slightly wider than shoulder wider apart and keep your hips up high.
- begin to lower your head down toward the floor and then return back to start position
- to modify: instead of having your feet up on a bench, position them on the floor and point your bum up high toward the ceiling.
- 12-15 x DB Deadlifts: stand with your feet about hip width apart and holding a DB in each hand
- tip forward running the DBs down the front of your legs. *keep your shoulders back and your back flat. *Keep a slight bend in your knees
- once you feel a slight stretch in your hamstrings, reverse your movement and standing up tall bringing your shoulders back and keeping your abs tight. Repeat for 12-15 repetitions.
- ***do not round your spine at anytime as your flex forward or while you are standing back up
- 15 x Jump Squats: again 🙂
*Perform these 3 exercises one right after another. Once you finish your jump squats, rest 1-2 mins. Repeat 3-4 sets.
- 10 x 1-Arm DB Rows: holding a DB in one hand, use your other hand for balance, and put all your weight into your working leg.
- with your abs tight and back flat, pull the DB up to your side and point your elbow toward the ceiling.
- think about squeezing your shoulder blade into your spine and then slowly lower the DB back down to your starting position. Repeat for 10 repetitions then switch arms.
- 15 Jump Squats: yes, again! Squat deep and jump high 🙂
*Perform exercises one right after the other and then rest for 1 minute. Repeat 3-4 sets.
- 20 x DB Reverse Lounges: standing tall with DBs in hand, take a giant step back coming into a lunge.
- keep your shoulders back and abs tight, keep as much of your body weight in your front leg heel as you can.
- stand back up still keeping the weight in your front heel. Alternate legs for 20 total repetitions.
- 8 x Burpees: do as I do in the video 🙂 It’s only 8 burpees!
*Perform exercises one right after the other and then rest for 1-2 minutes. Repeat 3-4 sets.
And then, you’re finished!