Well hi, the weekend is almost here! Hopefully you have some fun plans and hopefully there will be a little time for some healthy eats, and maybe even a workout or two 🙂 Did you try the at home Easter workout I posted the other day??? If not, I think you should try that out and then make up this healthy/easy/super delicious recipe 🙂
Over the Easter weekend and into the middle of this week I was in Scottsdale with my family which was incredible, the sunshine felt amazing! Another thing that felt good was getting to some really delicious restaurants – Oh how I love good food! Ever since we got home I’ve been dreaming about a few of the dishes we had, so today, I felt motivated to recreate. Also, coming off Easter I picked up these rainbow carrots and they look way to good not to do something special with 🙂
Last night I made slow roasted root veggies with a tahini dressing. I served that over a bed of arugula, with garlic prawns on the side. It was very simple to make, all you need is a little time for the veggies to roast up, and viola! So easy.
Here is the roasted root veggie recipe:
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 2-3 bunches of Tri-coloured Carrots (you can use regular carrots too)
- 1 large Parsnip (or 2 medium)
- 1 large Beet
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Himalayan Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garlic Powder to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh Parley, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Hemp Hearts
For the tahini dressing
- 1/4 c Tahini
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dash, Himalayan Salt
- 2-3 tsp Hot Water
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and slice carrots, parsnip & beet (both peeled), then place in a large bowl and toss in olive oil, sprinkle with S&P and garlic powder. Spread over a large baking sheet and place in the oven.
- after 45 minutes stir veggies and return to oven for the remaining time, or until veggies begin to brown and are tender.
- While the veggies are in the oven, make the dressing. In a small bowl combine tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar, mix well. Add a dash of salt and add hot water little by little to make the dressing a little less think (or to whatever consistency you like).
- Once veggies are finished roasting, spread the tahini dressing over the bottom of a large serving dish. Place veggies on top of the dressing, then sprinkle with the fresh parsley and hemp hearts. (you could also serve the tahini dressing on the side if you prefer)
I hope you love this recipe as much as we did! Enjoy!