Well hi, it’s almost April and Easter long weekend is just about here! We plan to be away for an extended Easter long weekend, so the last couple weeks I’ve been doing a little more cooking. The weather in Vancouver has been fairly overcast and rainy, so I feel a little more content puttering around in the kitchen.
For dinners, I sometimes find myself making the same things week to week, so I’ve been trying to break that habit a little more lately. I typically don’t make a lot of fish at home, I feel like that’s something that usually tastes better when I order it in a restaurant. When it’s been prepared in rich sauces, generous amounts of butter, or oils it make the dish SO delicious! 🙂
That’s all fine every once and a while, but I do prefer knowing what goes in my food. So, most of the time I like making what I eat, my body feels better, I also feel better knowing what’s being put in my kids bellies 🙂 That said, from time to time I LOVE lunch or dinner at a yummy restaurant, it’s also those times that I get ideas for things to try create at home.
Recently I’ve been attempting fish a little more and the other day I tried whipping up some salmon burgers – they turned out GREAT, actually I thought they were perfect 🙂 I used simple ingredients, all things I had on hand. The only thing I had to pick up was fresh salmon fillets.
Perfect Salmon Burgers:
- 575g Salmon Filets (just under 1.5lbs)
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (I used a spicy chipotle mayo)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- ¾ c panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Cube salmon filets then put ½ the cubes into the blender. Blend until the salmon is ground up (do not puree until it’s smooth) because you want some texture. Take the ground salmon and place in medium size bowl, blend second half of the salmon and add to the bowl.
- Finely chop the green onion and parsley and put in another small bowl, combine the mustard, egg and lemon juice together, and then add the mixture to the ground salmon and add .
- Once all ingredients are mixed well, form into patties (I made 7 patties).
- Heat stove element to medium heat and place patties in a large lightly greased pan.
- Grill patties for 3-4 minutes on each side of until salmon is cooked through. Do not over cook or the patties will dry out.
………OR a burger 🙂 This makes my heart so happy!